Short tales of my life in tandem.
A continuación voy a publicar 2 historias que escribí para un proyecto de la universidad y me gustaron mucho.
Below this introduction I intend to publish two short stories that I made for a college project. After handing them in I realized that I really liked them so I felt the urge to show them to anyone who might want to read them.
A quiet nightmare.
I can never really tell when I'm dreaming, and
when I'm not so more often than not, I find myself in the strangest situations
feeling as if they were the most normal things ever just to later realize that
I was dreaming. This is not so bad when it comes to happy and/or amusing
dreams, but unfortunately this also holds true for nightmares and there is a
particular one that reoccurs every now and then and still frightens me to the
bone.
It always starts the same. I wake up a little
dizzy from bad sleep but soon I notice that things are not quite right, I
can never pinpoint the source of my concern, but something is very wrong. I can
feel it. I try to get up, but my body doesn't respond to me; that's when things start to get really dark. My dogs start barking, I hear footsteps outside my door and I
see shadows outside my window. I try to
move again, but it's like getting blood from a stone. Little by little and with
a lot of effort, I manage to turn around and face the door, still unable to move
I decide that it's time to shout for help, but my mouth can't say a single word. It's as if my soul were disconnected from my body and now I'm a mind trapped
inside a flesh prison. But I never give in, I scream as loud as I can, which is
not loud enough for anyone else but me to hear. I call the names of the people
who live with me in hopes that one of them will hear me and come to my rescue but
it is always futile.
Still paralyzed and voiceless, I come to accept
my fate and stop fighting. My conciousness slowly drifts away as I hope for the
best. And just as it has started, it ends; I'm asleep again. When I wake up, I am never able to remember
this dream. It wasn't until recently that I randomly remembered it and it all
came back at once. I just realized at the age of 21 that I had been having the
same nightmare for as long as I can remember and I can't shake it out of my
head. I'm afraid this'll haunt me for the rest of my life.
A mysterious encounter.
This is the story from a night that I'll never
forget and nobody ever believes me when I tell it.
I was around seven when it happened. It was
christamas eve and just as any other kid I was obsessed with that red guy who
brings us presents. I wanted to see him fly though the skies in his sleigh
carried by deers more than anything else, in fact that was my only christmass
wish; to see St.Nicholas. While all the adults were enjoing the dinner I was
in the backyad gazing at the stars hoping he'd pass by, but something else
happened. I saw a strange little humanoid figure on the roof, I could only make
out it's shape since it was covered by the darkness of the night but I knew
whatever it was was staring back at me. My 7 years old me didn't have a better
idea than geting as close as possible to it. As I was aproaching the
shadowed silhoutte I noticed that it wasn't as tall as any human being i had
ever seen, it was around 1 meter tall and formed a very slender figure. Just as
I was about to get a glance at the face behind the shadow the clock turned 12
and the 24 became the 25, the sky roared like a lion as it was being lightend
up by the fire of a thousand fireworks. This startled the being that was now
running for his life resembling a monkey jumping though trees with a speed and
agility matching those of the best olympic gymnasts in the world. As we drifted apart I could only get to see
that his (or her) head was shaped like a balloon. To this day it still remains
a mistery what I witnessed that night, but I'd like to believe it was a being
from another world. Of course I told this story to everyone who attended that
day to the party but no one believed me.
Who would? I was only a 7 years old kid who watched too much tv.
Comentarios
Publicar un comentario